Statement of Intent
Bottreaux Surgery aims to provide a high quality service to its patients in a timely manner whilst within budgets. The senior management team of Central Surgery is committed to:
- Develop and continually improve the quality management system and its effectiveness.
- To continuously review significant events, patient complaints and patient surveys/feedback.
The senior management team have a continuing commitment to:
- Ensure that patients’ needs and expectations are determined and fulfilled with the aim of achieving patient satisfaction.
- Communicate throughout the organisation the importance of meeting patient needs and all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Establish the quality policy and its objectives.
- Ensure that management reviews are set to review the quality objectives and report on the internal and external audit results as a means of monitoring and measuring the processes and the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Ensure the availability of resources including appropriate staffing levels, medical equipment and overall direction.
All personnel understand the requirements of this quality policy and the contents of the six Cs guidance (care, compassion, competence, communication, courage, commitment).
The organisation complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
The organisation constantly monitors its quality performance and implements improvements when appropriate.
This quality policy is regularly reviewed in order to ensure its continuing suitability. Copies of the quality policy are made available to all staff.
- We will promote a culture where improving the population’s health is a core component of the practice of all nursing, midwifery and care staff.
- We will increase the visibility of nursing and midwifery leadership and input in prevention.
- We will work with individuals, families and communities to equip them to make informed choices and manage their own health.
- We will be centered on individuals experience high value care.
- We will work in partnership with individuals, their families, carers and others important to them.
- We will actively respond to what matters most to our staff and colleagues.
- We will lead and drive research to evidence the impact of what we do.
- We will have the right education, training and development to enhance our skills, knowledge and understanding.
- We will have the right staff in the right places at the right time.
- We will champion the use of technology and informatics to improve practice, address unwarranted variations and enhance outcomes.
How You Can Help Us
Being a patient means that you have responsibilities too:
- We expect you to treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Examination and treatment facilities are better at the surgery, and the less time a doctor spends travelling the more time is available for patients. Please do not ask for a home visit unless absolutely necessary for medical reasons. If we feel a home visit is not appropriate, we will advise you to come to the surgery.
- Please do not disturb the doctor outside normal surgery hours for routine or trivial matters.
- Please remember that the doctor of your choice will not always be available, as doctors may have other responsibilities in addition to doing surgery consultations.
- Please be punctual: arriving late causes delay for other patients. If we are running late, please remember that next time it could be you who needs extra time or your home visit which is causing the delay.
- Please remember that it takes time to arrange for you to see your records, and you may be charged a sum to cover our costs.
- Please tell us promptly if you no longer need or cannot keep your appointment, so that it can be offered to another patient and not wasted.
- Please tell us immediately if you change your name, address, telephone number etc.
- You should not expect a prescription every time you visit the doctor. Please take your medicines as directed by the doctor, and if you choose to stop taking them, it is sensible to let the doctor know.
- Your have the right to move to another practice at any time without giving a reason. However, we hope that you will give us the opportunity to discuss any difficulties at an early stage.
- Provide us with feedback on the experience that you have with the practice by completing our Friends and Family Test.